Wednesday 23 December 2009

Home Page



Kai is a very special place for me, it is where I learnt to love the Japanese approach to eating fish. On my very first visit back in 2005 I was immediately entranced by the whole performance and delivery of this restaurant. This was art in action, skill and grace manifest in a presentation of food. In this off the beaten track venue, not a tourist haunt and to my memory I can only account for having seen one other foreigner in Kai and that was only once, Japanese people find something in the food and ambiance that assures them of their culture. I have been to Kai 10 times in four years and the moment I get out of Narita my desire to get to this oasis grows by the minute.

Selfishly perhaps, I do not even want to reveal the location of this temple of culinary delight in the English language. If you are interested then you will have to work to find the venue, if you can speak and read Japanese then this will not be a problem. I will help all of those who do not have any Japanese language whatsoever with two hefty clues!

Clue 01: What you can see looking up the street from outside Kai

Clue 02: What you can see looking down the street from outside Kai

If you make it to Kai with only these clues then you are a better person than most! Good Luck.


1 comment:

  1. This has to be one of the best places to enjoy fine Japanese cuisine. The staff here are dedicated to producing quality with uncomplicated elegance. The food is just divine.

    ReplyDelete